Status: Open | Accepting ApplicationsNo of Positions: 1
Our great client has an immediate Remote opening for a Junior DevOps Engineer.
Job Profile Summary
Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate systems. Responsible for maintaining and enhancing internal tools to support full system lifecycle. Develop basic solutions encompassing continuous automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery enabling rapid deployment of applications and infrastructure-as-code using cloud technologies. Builds repeatable solutions working within and between development and operation teams to identify and implement process improvements.
- Evaluate current development and operations procedures, recommend, and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency, reliability, and repeatability.
- Operational point of contact for development, operations, and testing.
- Operational review of cloud architecture with the goal of automating and improving the existing and future environments. Make recommendation for improvements based on review.
- Configure, deploy, and manage services and applications; troubleshoots basic systems.
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
- Provide best practices, recommendations, and guidance for use of the cloud.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Solid knowledge and understanding of application development using Agile and DevOps best practices
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support, or service
- Advanced scripting skills (e.g. Python, Shell, etc.)
- Demonstrated Advanced experience with microservices and serverless architecture
- Demonstrated Advanced experience in an infrastructure as code environment
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Solid experience building and maintaining automation infrastructure for continuous integration and deployment
- Solid experience building automation for cloud environments.
- Solid understanding & experience with Linux, Shell and Python programming
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with relevant infrastructure components and tools, such as Jenkins, Zookeeper, Mesos, Ganglia, Chef, Ansible, Git, Kubernetes)
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Solid experience with the Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Solid technical foundation in Microsoft technologies
- Solid experience with CI/CD tools
This is a contract to hire opening. If you are interested, please apply with resume to email@example.com before 8th of July 2022 and mention the position applied for in subject